Friday, March 21, 2008

It was DASAAVATHAARAM in space!!!

It was a DASAVATHARAM of sorts in space made possible by Indian scientists and their dedicaded team!!!...ISRO creates history with its 10-in-1 satellite launch...... As malayalees we can be doubly proud at this feat...for you can see malayalees at all the key positions of the above project...(I am not taking about the umpteen malayali scientists working at ISRO but the real Creme De La Creme or those at the top)...right from the man who head it from the front...ISRO CHIEF G. Madhavan Nair...then to whom goes the major credit ...the Director of this project Dr. George Koshi...(infact It was again Dr. Koshi who was behind the 4-satellite launch of 2007)...then there is another mallu in the form of Director of PSLV... MKG NAIR...and again VSSC director Dr. Radhakrishnan. ...is another mallu...Kudos to the entire team which made it possible!!!

When the DASAVATHARAM launch was happening in Space...there was another DASAVATHARAM launch...but this time on Earth...to be precise...audio launch of the DASAVATHARAM the movie...as expected JACKIE CHAN flown in and BIG B, Mammotty, Hemamalini Vijay, Himesh Rashamiyya, Asin, Mallika Sheravath were all there...not to mention Kamal!!!

but this program got a bit of bad press especially from the local media...and the reason is not difficult to find...the local media people were not allowed inside and only a selected few were allowed at the function...so the media did what they can do best...they started writing all wrong things about this program ...putting even JACKIE CHAN in bad light...

And even Jackie Chan was stunned to find the report on him in the local media...so to set the records straight he had made a long post on his personal website...here is excerpts from that post...

"When I saw some of the news reports on the Internet, I was extremely upset. One article accused me of ridiculous things like refusing to drink India’s bottled water — they said I brought my own imported mineral water — and travelling with my own personal chefs because I refuse to eat Indian food.There were also reports of my so-called offensive behavior, dismissing the Indian stars and not talking to anyone. What complete nonsense! I have nothing but respect for Indian culture and Indian cinema, and even though I may not know all the stars by name or how to properly pronounce the names of the ones I do know, this has nothing to do with my admiration for them. And saying that I won’t eat Indian food! Nothing could be further from the truth; I adore Indian food, and in fact had two excellent meals on this trip and was so full I could barely leave my seat!” These days you cant get the real fact just by watching/reading the media...you have to do a bit of reading between the lines...and log onto www.jackiechan. com and get it straight from the horse's mouth!!! (On his HOME PAGE please click on ..."My trip to India the Real story"...

No comments: